We treat our clients with the same care and respect that we treat each other.
1. Purpose/ Context In the course of carrying out our activities, Artefact Heritage Services Pty Ltd (ACN 144 973 526) (we, us or our), and our subsidiaries and related bodies corporate, will collect, store, use and disclose personal information. This policy governs how we manage this information.
2. Policy Statement We are committed to the protection of your personal information and to compliance with Australian privacy law.
1. Personal information defined Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
2. Types of personal information we collect and hold We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our services and purposes connected to those services. Consistent with the provision of our services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold include individuals’ name, address, telephone number, email address.
3. How we collect and hold personal information We may collect personal information directly from you in the course of providing our services, from our website and/or directly from you. Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
4. Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure. The purposes for which we hold, use and disclose information include: (a) conducting our business, including processing and fulfilling orders, and contacting visitors to inform them of their order status, (b) to communicate information about our products and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you; and (c) for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
We will not disclose personal information to overseas entities.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.gov.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.